ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: IAC Judging & "Grow Up"

Message: IAC Judging & "Grow Up"

From: vulcan at interserv.com

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 01:55:45 UTC

Message:

  1)	When you look to the judges as the reason that you lost, you will
continue to lose.  The reason is quite simple....you cannot change the judges
and you ignore the easiest thing to change, namely the quality of your flying.

2)	When we consider who is doing the best job (the judges or the
contestants) we see that the contestants usually fly between 60% and 85%.
Contestant error rates are, then, between 15% and 40%.  When we look at the
judges scatter diagrams after full TBL processing has been applied, we see that
the judges scatter is usually less than +/- 3/4 of a point, or approximately TEN
TIMES BETTER THAN THE COMPETITORS.  Our judging system (Raw numbers from the
judges) and (numerical processing system = TBL) is working great!  Ask Mike
Heuer or your assigned director to verify this.

3)	Consider yourself lucky to have received this tip on how to win.  Your
judges are 10 times better than you are and they are backed up by a good data
processing system to eliminate what few errors that they do make.  GO PRACTICE!

Bert Berrong
Brighton, Colorado