ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Brainstorm Product Idea (fwd)

Message: Brainstorm Product Idea (fwd)

From: Herman Dierks <dierks at austin.ibm.com>

Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 22:50:59 UTC

Message:

  The Russian Yak 55's are suppose to have some black box flight
 recorder and they can dump the data (to a PC I suppose) to
 analize the flight.  A Yak pilot at nationals said his 55 had
 the black box but he had never used it.
 It would be interesting to know what the Russians did with their
 black box (i.e. what info they recorded).
 These are not the latest acro planes so this black box technology
 may be out of date.

 Many of us fly without any ground observers so it would be
 nice to have some method of obtaining data for some form of
 self evaluation.  I don't know if what you are proposing could
 do that or not and what it might cost, but I think there is a
 need for some self evaluation tool.

 Herman
 dierks at austin.ibm.com