ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: G-meter Repair

Message: Re: G-meter Repair

From: N77TW at aol.com

Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 19:59:32 UTC

Message:

  Dave,

I had the same problem in by S-2B.  I tried several repair facilities and the
cost of repair was more than a replacement from Aircraft Spruce.  I took the
instrument apart and found there is a little tempered piece of steel tape
which acts as a spring and is a part of the reset mechanism.  That part had
fractured, from fatigue is suspect.  I could see no reasonable way to repair
it.

If you take yours apart and find some other part is broken and can be
replaced, let me know.  We may be able to canabalize mine and get yours going
again.

Bill Bancroft
n77tw at aol.com
Orange, California