ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Shock Cooling

Message: Re: Shock Cooling

From: Tim Bastian <timothy607 at earthlink.net>

Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 19:43:14 UTC

Message:

   Wade,

 When I started flying aerobatics I was really concerned about shock cooling
too. So I called Lycoming and asked their opinion. They told me to run at
full rich at altitudes below 5000 ft. msl. and to keep an eye on my cylinder
head temp. If the temp stays below 450 degrees Fahrenheit that there was no
way you could shock cool the engine.

   Tim,