ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Anti-depression drugs and flying

Message: Anti-depression drugs and flying

From: "Darwin Jones" <acropilot at msn.com>

Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 23:23:17 UTC

Message:

  regarding Anti-depression drugs and flying.

I had a student a few years back who told me he was taking the drugs.
I called the AOPA medical people..  The answers was... The FAA will not
approve a medical for anyone on such drugs.  There must also be a time
period for which the person must be free of the need to take the drugs before
a medical will be approved.

However, things may have changed -  I recommend calling the AOPA you will
need to know the name of the drug.

Darwin Jones  CFI-IA