ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Wet Sump vs Dry Sump

Message: Wet Sump vs Dry Sump

From: "Bryan Quickmire" <challenger at sympatico.ca>

Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 16:20:05 UTC

Message:

My memory seems to be out of order for the weekend and I'm nowhere
near my books, can someone out there remind me what's the difference
between a wet sump and a dry one? What significance would this have
for an aerobatic aircraft? Does the Christen inverted oil system
work with both? What are some examples of engines / airplanes using
each approach? Thanks!

Bryan Quickmire