ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Pitts Landings - "Slipping" vs. "Carrier" approach

Message: Re: Pitts Landings - "Slipping" vs. "Carrier" approach

From: "John Collier" <collier at austin.ibm.com>

Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 15:59:22 UTC

Message:

JOHNNYBLUM at aol.com wrote:

>So how do you like to land your Pitts?

Quite poorly - so my friends all tell me. Actually I use both methods
depending on the scenario. My preferred method is the "carrier approach"
(that way I can also use the carrier touchdown to describe my semi-controlled
crash :) ). I find that I float less in the transition from this approach
as opposed to the forward slip approach. But I use that approach when I
find myself in traffic and can't (as you noted) just insert the carrier
approach.