ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Pitts Landings - "Slipping" vs. "Carrier" approach

Message: Re: Pitts Landings - "Slipping" vs. "Carrier" approach

From: "Allyson Parker-Lauck" <princess at brigadoon.com>

Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 16:19:50 UTC

Message:

  > >So how do you like to land your Pitts?

Like John said, it depends on the situation.  At larger and busier
airports, I use the rectangular pattern/slip approach so that I can fit in
with the traffic pattern better and remain visible to those on the ground
and to avoid freaking out the tower.  At smaller airports, especially those
with very narrow runways, I use the carrier "U turn" approach.  This helps
keep the runway in sight longer.