ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Pitts Landings - "Slipping" vs. "Carrier" approach

Message: Re: Pitts Landings - "Slipping" vs. "Carrier" approach

From: N1BZRich at aol.com

Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 16:43:41 UTC

Message:

  John Blum's comments on  Pitts landings (slipping vs. carrier approach) will
probable generate lots of E-mail traffic, so I will jump in and agree with
him.  Although I have tried the "curvilinear" approach, due to previous
training at dropping "snake and nape", I feel the slipping approach is best
for the reasons that John outlined.  I have used it for 19 years in my S1S.
 Fly safe & check 6.
Buz Rich
IAC # 2794
Pitts N1BZ