ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: IAC Red Rule book Changes

Message: IAC Red Rule book Changes

From: AcroDrew at aol.com

Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 00:21:14 UTC

Message:

  So, today I received a letter from IAC with some revisions to the recently
published Red Rule book 1997 package.  Two of the answers in the book would
have changed my revalidation answers, except that the answers had already
been sent in.  One item concerns me.  That is that, during a conference call
with other judges school instructors, we specifically discussed the change
from a 2 point deduction to a 1 point deduction for a line between a looping
portion and roll in a figure like an Immelman.  We believed that this rule
had changed, so this comes as a surprise to me that the rule did not change.
 Can someone on the rules committee please confirm that the revisions to the
1997 rules that were sent out are indeed correct revisions.

The other substantive revision is the limitation of having a single spin in
an advanced freestyle.  Damn - another wrong answer on my revalidation test.
I hope I can retake the test......

Drew Lundgren, President IAC 25, Judges School Instructor, Houston.