ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Parachutes

Message: Re: Parachutes

From: Eric Rood <ericrood at freenet.columbus.oh.us>

Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 12:58:42 UTC

Message:

  I apologize for posting this to the group, but I don't have may magazine
handy to look up the addresses.
Karen Diamond:  Could we please have a comprehensive article about
parachutes in SPORT AEROBATICS?  I don't recall seeing anything during the
last ten years regarding pros/cons of squares/rounds, seatpacks/backpacks,
throwout pilot chute/Poptop,  low porosity/zero porosity, etc, etc.  There
are many things to consider when buying a parachute, and it would be nice
to offer some type of reference/primer.  There are probably some riggers
in this organization, additionally, the manufacturers would probably be
very willing to assist.  Regards, Eric.

Eric Rood
ericrood at freenet.columbus.oh.us