ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] Parachute

Message: RE: [IAC] Parachute

From: Kent Taylor <kmtaylor at worldnet.att.net>

Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 02:03:31 UTC

Message:

  I've been REALLY happy with my Para-Pernalia WEDGE-SOFTIE in my S1S.  It
has the effect of "reclining" you a bit, and gets you closer to the rudder
pedals.  I'm 5'8" and use two really cheap WalMart chair cushions (they're
packed with something fairly hard, that doesn't compress under positive Gs;
I wouldn't want to sit on them very long on a regular chair!).  That leaves
me about 2" of headroom with my ratcheting harness pulled tight (if I just
buckle the harness as tight as I can get it without ratcheting, I bump my
head somewhere between -1 and -2 Gs).

I purchased my rig new from Alan Silver
(http://www.pia.com/silver/softies.htm), and was exceptionally happy with
the quality of both his service and the parachute.  He spent a lot of time
with me before the sale, making sure I would be happy with what I
ultimately bought (and educating me a lot in the process), and added some
nice touches beyond what I had expected.

Kent Taylor
Pres, IAC Chapter 12