ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] Parachutes

From: "Harold J. Hitchcock" <hjhitch at ibm.net>

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 13:26:13 UTC

Message:

  I wanted to say thanks to all who responded to me.  The number one
factor most people listed was comfort. The votes were:

National = 1
Strong = 2
Butler = 1
Long Softie/Para-phernalia = 5

The downsides mentioned were the Long Softie harness, moves around when
in flight, and canopy.  Upsides were the same, harness that had no
buckles under belts and stayed still, canopies with slow decent speeds
and complied with the TSOs.

I have located one of each of the above and am going to try them out.
Also, I found Strong's website, does anyone know if there are any other
websites for chute companies?  If so, please let me know.

Thanks again to all who responded!

Hal Hitchcock