ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Parachutes

From: Pat Holliday <pholliday at fast.net>

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:28:24 UTC

Message:

I am posting this for a friend. Her husband was a Pitts pilot who stopped
flying when he became ill in 2000 and has since passed away. She has two
emergency chutes that he used for himself and passengers:

Strong 26 ft LoPo paracushion, purchased in April 1979. Red. Well worn. I &
R  in 2000. Iıve recently been told that the manufacturer puts a 20 year
life on this chute so itıs now out of service.

Security 350 4.8 meter. Purchased in 1989. Inflatable side bolsters (missing
inflator bulb) and bag. Red with grey liner. Good condition. I & R  in 2000.
Same person told me that the Security has a 15 year limit and therefore goes
out of date this year.

Is there any use for these chutes at this point? Do they have any value at
all?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Pat Holliday