ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Parachutes

From: "Jim Klick" <klick at corecomm.net>

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:51:46 UTC

Message:

ParachutesPat,

I have had two chutes go past the date where my rigger would repack them and this is what I did.

My wife taught at the local school, and the gym teacher is using one canopy for a game they play in class.
I guess they form a circle around the canopy, and flip it up while one child runs through, ideally
without the canopy coming back down.

The other one I use as a dust cover for my plane when it sits in the hangar for long period, such as during the
Arctic outbreaks we have here in the upper Midwest.

My wife uses the riser cords to tie up her tomato and pepper plants. She has enough for many years
of gardening.

Old chutes unfortunately have very few uses.

Jim Klick
S1S N9JT