ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Of chutes and planes.

Message: Of chutes and planes.

From: Dan Rossi <drossi at eskimo.com>

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 00:21:57 UTC

Message:

  Hey folks.

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to all on the subject of acro
pilots that have jumped before.

If you remember, I had asked out of curiosity how many people on this list
had ever made a skydive.  The basic results were that of about 22 messages
I received 17 people had done 1 or more jumps.  All of those jumps being
intentional.  Nobody had any stories of jumping from disabled aircraft.

Most people seemed to have complete, or near complete, confidence in their
aircraft.  It's funny but true that familiarity breeds comfort.  After
having made a couple of hundred jumps I personally feel that if I am in an
aircraft and the engine so much as coughs, or I notice the dome light is
out, or the ash trays are dirty, I'm out of there.  (grin).

Thanks for all the responses to my original post.  Take it easy and
hopefully I will meet up with some of you North West flyers in the spring
time.

Take it easy

Flare when you hear the crickets.
Blue Skies