ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Of chutes and planes.

Message: Re: Of chutes and planes.

From: Gypsy444 at aol.com

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 04:02:46 UTC

Message:

  Hi, it's me, Patty. I've done a couple of times, both tandems.  Didn't really
enjoy them all that much but I think it was worthwhile...i feel like i could
bail out a lot easier now that I know it's not all that big a deal.  Plus, I
have watched two of my friends bail out (successfully) of airplanes, and had
another friend bail out...which could have been successful, but the leg
straps weren't done up.  oh well.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing is that I think every aerobatic pilot who
wears a chute should jump at least once (preferably a tandem) to give them
the confidence to know that they could jump in an emergency.  Patty