ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Lyc IO-360 solid crankshaft

Message: Re: Lyc IO-360 solid crankshaft

From: Mark Stuart <76473.1530 at CompuServe.COM>

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 15:00:40 UTC

Message:

  Luiz,
Good luck finding a used one.  I looked all over for one and turned up nothing.
My crank was for an IO-360 parallel valve with  fixed pitch, but the crank is
hollow and would fit your plane.  All IO-360 cranks are the same part number
now, which is 13B7122.  The flange has no holes and is .440" as opposed to the
old .380.  It is truly a beautiful site to behold.  I got quotes ranging from
$4900 to $8500 USD.  Eventually, after 2 months and many big long distance
calls, I was wiser and found one for $4900.  This is the best deal you will
find, I think.  I purchased from Air Support International, and talked to Brian.
Phone # is 800-247-2738, and they advertise in Trade-A-Plane.

Once again, Good Luck,

Mark Stuart
Pitts S1S C-GOVA
TerryAir Inc.