ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Help with Languages

Message: Re: Help with Languages

From: Phil Sisson <sissonp at wamusa.com>

Date: Sat, 08 Mar 1997 03:17:01 UTC

Message:

  Houstontj at aol.com wrote:

> I am looking for some help in translating our greeting "Welcome" into French,
> German, Italian, etc.  Any language would be helpful.  Thanks...
>
>   Terry Houston   Houstontj at aol.com

Hello Terry, I think I met you at our Salem contest in Hhumm 1995? or
was it 1996?   I want to help you with you "welcome" in different
languages.
I thought we should include it in the "Pig Latin" version.. This is
purely American (I think)of the 1920's, 30's, and 40's. I was fortunate
in learning it in the late 1940's. "Welcome" in pig latin is "elcomeway"
according to my teacher. It is more simple than Aresti to learn the
basics, but more difficult to apply than flying unlimited....

I also learned a language of the early or middle 1950's called "Bop"
language. Do you know this? Would you like to hear Welcome in Bop? It is
more difficult and takes a little longer.

Best wishes,

NOSSIS 7IHd  .....   PHIL SISSON      Pitts S1S     N1GB