ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Pitts Paint and Fabric Problem

Message: Pitts Paint and Fabric Problem

From: "Motoaki J. Kamikawara" <contrailz at earthlink.net>

Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 00:47:18 UTC

Message:

  Is anyone has a paint and fabric problem on Pitts S-2B after 1990 model.
I had serious paint problem on my upper wing.  Even only five years old.
I just recieved information from my friend Roy Speeg from Ohio had
fabric problem on his Pitts S-2B that complete recovered at Aviat
factory on 1994.  My problem was paint did not attach on fabric and
separated from fabric so air goes in between fabric and pain and baloon
up then change the airfoile.  Is not it scared?  I've never hard these
problem before especially after 1991 model.
Anyone has similiar problem please let me know.
Thank you.

Motoaki