ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Pitts Paint and Fabric Problem

Message: Re: Pitts Paint and Fabric Problem

From: "Brian K. Howard" <BK at newattaero.com>

Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 04:23:41 UTC

Message:

  Motoaki,

In the fall of 1994, the paint peeled off on the top wing of my 1992 S-2B
(SN 5242) and was starting to go on the lower. Aviat recovered and
repainted both wings, but only paid for half and I had to fight for that.
Of course, that was during the days of Malcolm White, who was not known for
his focus on customer service. Maybe Stuart Horn will be better.

At the time I had the problem, I knew of five others who had experienced
the same problem. Until I could get mine fixed, I flew with "200mph" tape
holding the paint on. It didn't look too good, but worked great, even
through a couple of contests.

I had not heard of any S-2Bs experiencing this problem after 1992.

Good luck!

Brian

-----------------------------------
At 04:56 PM 3/1/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Is anyone has a paint and fabric problem on Pitts S-2B after 1990 model.
>I had serious paint problem on my upper wing.  Even only five years old.
>I just recieved information from my friend Roy Speeg from Ohio had
>fabric problem on his Pitts S-2B that complete recovered at Aviat
>factory on 1994.  My problem was paint did not attach on fabric and
>separated from fabric so air goes in between fabric and pain and baloon
>up then change the airfoile.  Is not it scared?  I've never hard these
>problem before especially after 1991 model.
>Anyone has similiar problem please let me know.
>Thank you.
>
>Motoaki

Brian K Howard, CFI                voice: 937.434.7395
President, IAC Chapter 34          e-mail: BK at NewAttAero.com
FAI, National, & Teaching Judge
Extra 300/L, N343BH

                 New Attitude Aerobatics
           "Confidence Building For All Pilots"