ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Pitts S1S Roll Rate

Message: Re: Pitts S1S Roll Rate

From: RKlarich at aol.com

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 06:29:51 UTC

Message:

  Ron Saglimbene has lexan plates on his exp. S1T.  They attach to the ends of
the ailerons, standard wing tip bows are outboard.  They cover the space
opened up to full deflection of the aileron from the trailing edge of the
wing on all four surfaces.  He said it boosts roll, don't remember the
numbers.  I am trying it on my exp S1S.   I figure on 10 to 15 percent, not
sure where spillage is most in effect, I assume at mid speeds- say 100-140
mph, we'll see.

Rich Klarich
Mt Laurel, NJ