ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Pitts S1T Roll Rate

Message: RE: Pitts S1T Roll Rate

From: "Ronald Saglimbene" <6Sags at msn.com>

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 06:28:15 UTC

Message:

  I put lexan Aileron plates on both ends of all four ailerons of
my S1T. I have been flying with them installed for two years.
Roll rate is about 30* per second faster (270* to 300*) with
no apparant adverse effects to 230mph (on more than a few
occasions).
 Where it really seems to make a difference is speeding up
the first 1/4 of a roll,  and rolling at slower airspeeds.

                                       Ron Saglimbene