ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Goldfish

Message: Goldfish

From: "Damon Wack" <lomcevak at win.bright.net>

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 16:11:51 UTC

Message:

  I found Don's post on the Goldfish to be very timely, as I just returned
from Sebring where I judged Advanced, and saw this figure flown for the
first time.  When I actually fly the figure, I noticed a tendency to look
"steep after the snap" from inside the cockpit.  After judging the
sequence, NO competitors "looked" steep, indeed most "looked" shallow.
This puzzled me, and I spoke to Dave Swartz about it, and he said EXACTLY
what you said, Don.  Unfortunately, this was after all competitors had
flown, so I could not watch it again with a more educated eye.  It will be
very intersting to see how it critiques out, and what the presentation
should be, especially at AWAC.  Has anyone flying a monoplane critqued out
the angle of steepness that "looks" right after the snap?  What about a
biplane?  I have a feeling that the flight path is what will be judged in
most cases, rather than attitude.  I consider myself to be a reasonably
sighted judge, and it sure fooled me.

Damon