ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Goldfish

Message: Re: Goldfish

From: "Brian K. Howard" <BK at newattaero.com>

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 16:24:45 UTC

Message:

  To Doug and others:

The new wording for judging the "Goldfish" will be published in the May
issue as follows.

"In Judging these figures, look for the 3/4 loop to be equal in size as the
beginning and ending altitude of the horizontal lines.  The beginning and
ending 1/8 loops are equal radius and the 3/4 loop is the same radius as the
beginning and ending 1/8 loops.  The two 45 degree attitude lines are
normally the same length and any rolls placed thereon must be entered.
Downgrading for unequal lines, rolls not centered, or sharp entrance or exit
radius must be applied.  However, the final 45 degree line may be projected
above or below the looping portion if there are multiple rolls on this line."

Brian

At 11:03 AM 4/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I hate to reopen the Gldfish subject again, but our first contest of the year
>is coming up and I'm still not sure of the "official" way to judge this
>figure. I saved pertinent comments from this list, planning to sort them out
>just about now, but alas, that computer crashed.....Is there a place where I
>can find "official" judging criteria? (I tried the IAC homepage, but for some
>reason can't access it this morning).
>Thanks,
>Doug Sowder

Brian K Howard, CFI                voice: 937.434.7395
President, IAC Chapter 34          e-mail: BK at NewAttAero.com
Editor, IAC Heads Up! Column
FAI, National, & Teaching Judge
Extra 300/L, N343BH

                 New Attitude Aerobatics