ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:600] VELOX Revolution

From: Charlie <velox at treco.net>

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 01:28:37 UTC

Message:

 I am sorry to inform you, the VELOX Revolution will not be at Oshkosh or
Fond Du Lac this year.  We had planned an extensive schedule to display
it at airshows and contests this year.  the airplane was selected to fly
in Hong Kong and Japan in the FAI World Grand Prix of Aerobatics and has
been out of the country since May.  The Hong Kong event was to be a part
of the turnover from the British to China.  The event was cancelled at
the last moment by the British, as their last display of control before
the turnover!.  It was planned to be flown by several World class pilots
including Sergei Boriak and Eric Vazeille of France.
The plane is now in Japan and will be flown in the Grand Prix in
Toyokoro. Sergei will fly it as well as Peter Besenyei from Hungry.
Peter, Eric and Sergei are all capable of winning any contest they
enter, including the World championships.
Home Page for the Japan Grand Prix is:
http://www02.so-net.or.jp/~fwgpa-j/  We will be getting the plane back
in early Sept. and we plan on trying to make some of the east coast
contests in Sept. and Oct.  (The US nationals, if the plane is back in
good shape and Sebring for sure.)
The two seater is coming along very good and should be on display at the
Spring Sebring and Sun and Fun.  It will be a very attractive plane with
performance to match.  It will be powered by an IO540 just like the one
seater.
For a short Sun and Fun report goto CHECK.COM/VELOX
If anyone needs anymore Information please E mail Me at:
VELOX at treco.net
Phone 561 286-5395  Fax  561 287-8652
I will try to send some info from Japan.
Charlie Wolff, VELOX Aviation, Inc.

PS, Bonny and I have been invited to attend in Japan and will be out of
the country from 8/2 thru 8/13.