ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Elimination of Aerobatic Box

Message: Re: Elimination of Aerobatic Box

From: DSowder at aol.com

Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 15:04:50 UTC

Message:

  It may be that as permanent sites become less available, we'll have to
reconsider the marked box, but on the other hand, which came first, the box
or the Sukhoi? The box as presently used was in existence well before the
advent of the airplanes which supposedly stretch its limits. Seems to me that
when a designer is designing a new aerobatic airplane, a major consideration
should be its ability to perform within the confines of the box as it exists.
A ten foot wide automobile might have some advantages, but the auto makers
seem to keep the width of highways in mind during the design process.
Doug Sowder