ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Elimination of Aerobatic Box

Message: Re: Elimination of Aerobatic Box

From: Harold James Hitchcock <hjhitchc at piper.hamline.edu>

Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 16:00:42 UTC

Message:

As someone who has not competed, not yet anyway, this question may lose
some validity.  But, if IAC were to eliminate the box, would CIVA follow?
For the time being, it would seem unlikely from the reports I have seen.
I can only imagine what effect this would have on those who compete on the
international level.  WAC and AWAC would become a real challenge for our
teams, there may even be pilots flying inside a box for the first time.  I
seem to remember some discussion here about the difference between
european and american judging.  It would seem that there should be be a
standard for competition.  Perhaps what may be in order is the elimination
of side outs for the lower level competitors?  This would eliminate the
need for corner judges on some flights.

Hal Hitchcock
Eagle N21H