ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Elimination of Aerobatic Box

Message: RE: Elimination of Aerobatic Box

From: "JTBerlin " <JTBerlin at msn.com>

Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 02:53:51 UTC

Message:

  Another vote for keeping the box.

I have only competed four times, always in basic in a Decathlon 150. Although
there isn't technically a box in Basic, I always tried to properly place my
maneuvers within the box. It made flying the short sequence more fun- striving
for proper placement. I plan to move up to Sportsman, so why not begin
learning how to place maneuvers in their proper places within the box sooner
rather than later.  Anyway, in addition to my "extensive" competition
experience, I have been volunteer coordinator twice. I wish to comment that
removing the box because of some complaints of having to trudge through weeds
and place markers is rediculous. Being the volunteer coordinator is no picnic,
but we're not planning on eliminating volunteers because of someone's having
to trudge around and twist a few less than enthusiastic arms to sit out by the
corner markers for a twenty-five pilot long Sportsman flight. Or is that next?
It takes WORK to put on a contest. If that's what you or your chapter want to
do, do it please. But do it knowing the work involved.

Jeff Berlin
IAC 20024