ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] Accidents

Message: RE: [IAC] Accidents

From: mshow at ncsa.uiuc.edu

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 21:02:23 UTC

Message:

  I have thought about this as well, and I think there are a few
differences in the types of traumas that occur. In an airplane I would
be more worried about spinal compression and neck injuries. Don't the
racers clip their helmets to the car to help avoid neck injuries? I
wouldn't want to do that in my Pitts.
This isn't supposed to sound like an advertisement, but I think a good
restraint system can make a big difference. I am putting together a web
site for Hooker Harness that will have a crash of the month section. So,
I have seen some pictures of nasty crashes that were survivable mostly
due to being well strapped in.

Rubber Side Up
Mike