ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: TBL or not TBL

Message: Re: TBL or not TBL

From: Harold James Hitchcock <hjhitchc at piper.hamline.edu>

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 20:32:00 UTC

Message:

For what if anything this is worth....  I have been following this sport
for over 4 years now.  If I can ever get my bird flying, I will be going
to competitions.  But if someone ever asks me how the scores are compiled,
I won't have a clue.  I have seen many articles that have nice technical
explanations on how TBL works, but all I know is that it is supposed to
eliminate the bias.  I would be in favor of High-Low scoring.

BTW... if someone has a layman's version of TBL, I would love to read
it...

Hal Hitchcock
Eagle 21H