ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Bluff Stuff

Message: Bluff Stuff

From: Don Peterson <autotech at flash.net>

Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 03:32:45 UTC

Message:

  Just a few reminders...

The "Bluff" contest will be flown at McGregor Airport, Tx.  May 17-18.  This is Saturday
and Sunday if required to get all three flights, which we fully intend to do.  Friday is
for practice and qualification.

Qualification, you say?

Yes.  All entrants will be required to present a copy of their (satisfactory) known
compulsory scores from a 1997 contest at or above the category they will be entering.
If you have not flown in a contest yet this year, you must fly the known compulsory
before a designated judge to the same safety standards as would be required in a
contest.  We will have some limited capability to offer qualification flights on Friday
and Saturday on a first-come and/or reservation basis.  Please contact me directly to
discuss your needs and options here.  We want you to compete, but will insist that this
requirement is met.

Other rule waivers and supplemental rules apply to this contest.  They will be available
for return E-mail by mid-weekend.  The above qualifying rule is the biggie.

Please arrive with your two or three favorite maneuvers to submit for the second
unknown.  It must comply with the unknown rules for your category. (no outside snaps in
Intermediate, etc).

Phone numbers of motels will be posted this weekend as well, but we recommend the Best
Western on Hwy 84 in Waco.  Good hot tub.

Banquet is at "Our Place", which is superior food, but regretfully, not approved for
food fights or other extreme non-bible belt behavior.  Tap dancing allowed.

Hope to see everyone there.  Dr. Sardonicus is preparing the "Bluff" sequences in his
secret lab high atop Mount Dallas.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

Don Peterson
Midlothian, Tx.