ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: S-1S Tire Change

Message: Re: S-1S Tire Change

From: Bill Clute <76637.3067 at CompuServe.COM>

Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 09:25:28 UTC

Message:

  When changing tires on my airplane I take the cowling off, connect a hoist to
the hook on top of the
engine and lift it up.  You may need one person holding a wing to balance the
aircraft until you get
one wheel off.  After the one wheel is off you can lower the aircraft back down
and let the axle rest
on a piece of wood sitting on top of a concrete block.  I wouldn't let the axle
sit directly on the
concrete block.  It will probably scratch it up.

Bill Clute