ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: S-1S Tire Change

Message: Re: S-1S Tire Change

From: RIHNAIRCO at aol.com

Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 15:36:53 UTC

Message:

  I used to lift my plane by the engine case hook too until Doug Dodge told me
about one of his experiences.  The case broke and the metal lifting loop tore
through, necessitating very major engine repairs.  He now uses an automible
towing nylon strap carefully placed around the entire engine.

Dick Rihn