ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: S-1S Tire Change

Message: Re: S-1S Tire Change

From: Mark Stuart <woxoff at compuserve.com>

Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 17:54:32 UTC

Message:

We have a tool here that we use to pull wheels on all our spring gear
aircraft.  It is a piece of 3/16" steel with 2 pieces of steel welded on
either side in a V pattern that has the same taper as your gear.  It fits
snugly on your gear and can not slide up the leg.  Weld a nipple on the
back of the 'V' so you have something to jack on.  Any type of jack will
work.  This is a lot less stessfull on your tailwheel, and does not entail
taking off your cowling.  You could go to your local A&P and ask him for
his 'early model Cessna jacking tool', and probably get the same thing, but
as someon else pointed out, you should have your own to do your bearings,
etc.
Hope this helps,

Mark Stuart
TerryAir Inc.