ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: BBS or Digest

Message: BBS or Digest

From: "Dr. Guenther Eichhorn" <gei at head-cfa.harvard.edu>

Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 22:34:59 UTC

Message:

Hi,

Both a BBS and a digets are feasible.  The email exploder syste
that our institute uses (Majordomo) has a digest feature.  If I
can find the right host for the exploder, I can use that
software and include the digest feature.  I have that for
instance for the SSA exploder that I manage.  There are quite a
few people that make use of it.

I don't have BBS software available.  If somebody can point me
to public domain BBS software that I can run on my HP
workstation, and if there is really enough interest. I would
look into implementing it.

However, I am afraid if we use too many different media, things
get too diffuse and it becomes too difficult to watch all of
them.  Right now with the exploder and rec.aviation.aerobatics
we have a good mix.  Adding a BBS would add another place that
you'll have to watch.  I think that a digest added to the
exploder would be the best solution, since both the digest and
the regular exploder get the same messages.

Guenther
Dr. Guenther Eichhorn          | gei at cfa.harvard.edu
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, Cambridge, MA
CPL,ASMELS,IA,Glider,CFI       | Pitts S-2A: N1GE
DC-3 type rating               | Flying is the Pitts
See:    http://acro.harvard.edu/IAC
and:    http://acro.harvard.edu/SSA