ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Seat Parachute, please

Message: Seat Parachute, please

From: ACCassidy at aol.com

Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 19:39:35 UTC

Message:

  Dear friends in Florida,

Along with 3 other UK pilots I will be flying at AWAC, but practising for a
week or two beforehand in Florida.  The aircraft, Yak 55, we are going to use
is currently without a suitable parachute [seat variety].  Before spending
$900 or so on a new one, I thought I'd try my luck and see if anyone has a
not-in-use one which we could borrow for a month-ish overall (15 June - 15
July).

We would of course pay any reasonable hiring fee as well as carrying the cost
of re-packing for an out-of-date chute.

If anyone can help with this it would be wonderful for us.    Please make
sure your reply is to me alone, not IAC-wide.  Thanks a lot.

Fly safe

Alan Cassidy