ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Fly landing

Message: Re: Fly landing

From: aragon <aragon at dcai.com>

Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 01:30:49 UTC

Message:

  I had an interesting experience with a fly in the cockpit once.  I
was with a student in a Pitts S2A.  As we pulled out of a loop, my student
called over the radio that he'd just been struck in the face by a screw.

When we got back on the ground and tore the airplane apart looking for
the screw, all we could find was a dead fly.  We concluded that the fly
must have struck him in the face under high G acceleration, causing it
to feel like something much heavier!

It says something about all our senses being tuned for a 1-G environment...

Cecilia Aragon
aragon at dcai.com