ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:100] Re: S1S Landing wires

From: RIHNAIRCO at aol.com

Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 17:47:48 UTC

Message:

  I fly a model T .  The smoke tank has a vent which also acts as an overflow
tube.  It runs from the high point in the wing tank down through the belly of
the fuselage.  It works good.  Originally it was vented into the crankcase
breather line.  when I switched the wing tank to gasoline I switched the
outlet.  I didn't want fuel fumes accumating in my crankcase breather
awaiting a static electricty spark.

Have you inspected your H member for deformation.  Earlier models were
failing.  they were redesigned.  This might cause your tail wire tensioning
problems.

Dick Rihn