ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:141] Re: The movie "Cloud Dancer".

From: Bruce Cunningham <brucec at rosehill.awacss.awa.com.au>

Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 08:52:03 UTC

Message:

>I had a real hard time finding it....rented it from a Cuban video store,
>with spannish subtitles. I was given the advice to check out small
>Mom-Pop stores...they usually have hard to find items.

How could anybody take this clasic movie seriously with Spanish subtitles ?

How could the viewer appreciate the depth, feeling and warmth of Cloud
Dancer's unique poetry:

     I was out in the hangar down on my knees,
     When I thought I heard an airplane sneeze......

in subtitles.   It breaks my heart to know that this great motion picture
has been reduced to this.

In sorrow,

Bruce Cunningham
brucec at awa.com.au