ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:142] Re: The movie "Cloud Dancer".

From: N1BZRich at aol.com

Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 11:44:31 UTC

Message:

  Tom,

Some where in storage I have a video copy of "Cloud Dancer" that a friend
made for me when it was first shown on television back about 1979 or '80.  I
was stationed in Germany at the time it was released so missed the "grand
introduction".  My Pitts and I, in fact many of the "old" members of IAC 69,
are in that movie.  It was filmed in and around Phoenix and the film crew
used our airplanes for background  shots, etc.
The flying sequences and airplane shots are great to watch (our current EAA
President, Tom Poberezny did most of the flying, along with the other Red
Devils) but the story line is "pure soap opra".  If you don't find an
origional copy, I could look for mine and make you "a copy of a copy of a
copy".

Buz Rich
Pitts N1BZ
IAC #  2794