ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:185] Re: Addendum, Loudenslager

From: N36MD at aol.com

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 01:27:54 UTC

Message:

  Subj:	Loudenslager Accident
Date:	97-06-25 21:13:24 EDT
From:	Carl 01795
To:	N36MD

I received confirmation at 2:00 p.m. CDT today, that Leo Loudenslager was
involved in a serious accident yesterday.  Leo was riding his motorcycle to
the store, about a mile and a half from his home, when a motorist crossed the
centerline and hit him head on.

Leo was taken to the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Trauma Unit, in
Nashville, TN, where physicians worked through the night to stabilize him.
 Though he has been unconscious most of the time since the accident, it is
reported that he did regain consciousness this morning for a short time. He
seemed to recognize his daughter, Carolyn.

Big B and Little T drove through the night and are at Leo's home now.

Leo flew the OKC air show last weekend. I talked to him just two days ago.
 He was scheduled to be at Zivko Aeronautics, Guthrie, OK this weekend for
final flutter testing and photography on his newly designed aircraft.

Carl Whittle
Aerospace America Air Show
Oklahoma City, OK

Buck Wagnon  (N36MD at aol.com)