ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] Radios

Message: Re: [IAC] Radios

From: DSowder at aol.com

Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:11:17 UTC

Message:

  In a message dated 99-04-15 23:15:42 EDT, ludmas at csonline.net writes:

<< In a plane that demands as much "heads-up" time
 as a modern acro ship, the Terra method of tuning is tedious. <<Stuff
Snipped>>
 Just a note, I bought an Icom panel mount com radio, and it is a work of
 art. And no, Art is not the guy that built it.  I stuck it in my Taylorcraft
 and it works better than...... >>

"Modern acro ship"...."Taylorcraft".... Marc, I think you need a trip west to
clear the cobwebs. Or were the wings just recently clipped?

I too had an Icom handheld bolted to the dash of my S-1. Antenna was on the
belly. Worked absolutely flawlessly. Makes me wonder why they can stuff a
more reliable radio in a $500.00 handheld than in an oversized box.
'Specially after the Collins Nav in the Aerostar signed off today...

Doug Sowder