ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:250] Which pitts to build.

From: jmaurer at thomtech.com

Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 14:57:28 UTC

Message:

     I am considering building a Pitts and was hoping I could get some
     advice on which to build.

     I am trying to decide between the S1-C and the Model 12 Monster.

     Anyone have any thoughts?

     How much time will I REALLY spend building an S1-C? (Aviat says 2500
     hours)

     The monster is relatively new, utilizing the Vendenyev M-14. Anything
     I should know about that engine? (Other than fuel flow)

     Any thoughts as to which would be the easier build?

     How good are the plans to the S1-C?

     -jeff maurer

     Please mail me directly at jmaurer at thomtech.com