ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:417] Re: Which pitts to build.

From: "Damon Wack" <lomcevak at win.bright.net>

Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 19:21:42 UTC

Message:

  Jeff, I am currently building the Model 12.  The plans from Scott Randle
are excellent, and at $300 a good value.  Kimball Enterprises in Florida
have designed a slightly different aircraft with a shorter fuselage, Super
Stinker type wings and such, and are making components for it available,
but no plans.  Scott also is providing components for the original design.
I have heard very good things about the quality of the Kimball's work, and
Scott has been good with support in answering questions about his plans.
Either way I don't think you will go wrong.

It is a much larger airplane than an S-1, and I think it is going to be a
lot of fun to fly.  I'm not building it for serious competition, but I
think it would do pretty well at least through Advanced.  It certainly will
be easier to see in the box than an S-1!<G>

Scott's e-mail is Randle at southwind.net

Kevin Kimball's is KJKimball at aol.com

Good luck!

Damon