ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:554] EAA Convention

From: Jim Klick <klick at aps.anl.gov>

Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:23:05 UTC

Message:

 To those planning on attending Oshkosh '97, if you go to http://www.eaa.org
and browse the pages you will see a change in admission policy.
It is now three tiered:
Current members (join prior to 16 july '97         $13.00
New members     (join after 16 July '97            $16.00
NON-EAA MEMBERS                                    $21.00

I expressed my concerns about having people not knowledgeable about
airplanes on the flight line and the potential for damage to Tom
Poberezny via e-mail (tpoberezny at eaa.org). I received a phone call
from a Mr. Schumacher (hope I spelled his name right) who said that
my concerns were being addressed, and that only 7% of the previous
years admissions were non-flight line passes. I stated that 7% of
several hundred thousand is still a big number, but that I would
reconsider my decision to not expose my airplane to that level of
potential damage.
I have reconsidered, and I am not bringing my airplane to Oshkosh this
year. When I see how the issue has been addressed first hand, I'll
make plans for next year.
I'll be there either around the IAC building or my volunteer position,
in the Communication Center.
Jim Klick
EAA 106287
IAC 6870
AOPA 682160
Pitts S1S N9JT (the FIRST factory built Pitts.Understand why I want to
                take care of it?)