ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:931] Re: IAC-L digest 65

From: "R.H.F. Spencer" <rhfs at mhv.net>

Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:18:57 UTC

> Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 19:40:40 -0400
> From: jcowgar at juno.com
> To: iac-l at listproc.eracer.org
> Subject: Help finding aerobatic aircraft.
>
> I am searching for what may be a mystical, non-existant plane, but maybe
> you guys can help me out. I am looking for a homebuilt aerobatic
> aircraft, under $25,000 that can be built by the average builder, and
> also seats two people with an option to be enclosed. etc...

I too was in the same boat, except I did not want to build.  After
considerable thought and research, I came to the conclusion, that it is
better to get a capable single seat mount such as a used Pitts S1S, and
take others flying in something else...espeially if two place acro is
not required.

As you get your "G" legs and advance in aerobatic knowledge and skill,
very few if any will want to experience the same type of intense
flying.  By making the second seat "available" you have doomed yourself
either to sportsman (perhaps intermediate depending on your skill) or
you will have to re-evaluate the $25,000 max purchase price limit!

Good Luck!