ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:945] Re: IAC-L digest 65

From: alison at nh.ultranet.com (Alison Hine)

Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 11:44:11 UTC

Message:

 >> Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 19:40:40 -0400
>> From: jcowgar at juno.com
>> To: iac-l at listproc.eracer.org
>> Subject: Help finding aerobatic aircraft.
>>
>> I am searching for what may be a mystical, non-existant plane, but maybe
>> you guys can help me out. I am looking for a homebuilt aerobatic
>> aircraft, under $25,000 that can be built by the average builder, and
>> also seats two people with an option to be enclosed. etc...

I built my RANS S-10 for $20,000, complete with transponder, two radios,
and almost all the options.  I think it would still be possible to build
one for under $25,000 if using a 65 hp Rotax.

With a 120 hp Hirth, an S-10 would cost a little over $25,000 but would
fly rings around a Pitts S-1C in aerobatic maneuvers, and probably come
close in climb, solo.  Capable of intermediate for sure, and most
advanced maneuvers.  I earned an intermediate smooth patch in mine, with
65 hp.  And it has two seats, and can be flown without the canopy.

It wasn't till I bought an S-1C that I realized how good my S-10 was.

Just a suggestion.

Alison

alison at nh.ultranet.com     http://www.nh.ultranet.com/~alison