ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:755] Re: Pitts For Sale -Reply

From: "Joseph F. Rosenberger" <joerosen at TSO.Cin.IX.Net>

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 15:05:38 UTC

Message:

 I understand.  Having just been through the 21st anniversary of my brother's
death in an overloaded Cherokee, I know first-hand the feelings.  My brother
Tony and I sold the T-Craft that Jerry had rebuilt, and neither of us could
fly for a few years.  THe reaction does go away (Tony's plane shopping, as Ian
wants to take lessons and turns 16 this week).  I am lucky in that my wife is
the daughter and sister of cropdusters, and was raised with a hangar attached
to the family home, so despite her lack if interest in planes, does not view
them with fear.  I had a near-fatal motorcycle accident a few years ago, and
if I even mention motorcycles, she overreacts--Mary just turned 4 and needs a
dad to be here, etc.  And so it goes.  Will be in PIT the next 4 days, and
will try to get over and see you.  Best to you and family.  JR