ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:701] Re: Fon du Lac and U.S. Aerobatic ...

From: "Brent Rogers" <Brent.Rogers at cibc.com>

Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 17:42:33 UTC

Message:

From: Brent Rogers on 08-15-97 01:39 PM
I'm a long way from even considering competing for a place on the US team
(and probably as a Canadian I couldn't anyway) but like Allyson, I DO CARE
about the sport, my US "cousin's" team and so I will say this.

I'm planning to enter my first competition in two weeks (at the Sportsman
level) and so I've paid plenty of attention to all of the contests you
folks south of the border have. I've wondered how people manage to get the
time (off work, is what's in MY mind) to attend as many as some of you do.
I work in a "non-aviation" business and that probably makes it a bit more
difficult than for some but I am still a little envious of those of you who
manage to make it to several of the contests around the country.

If I were in a position to aspire to a place on the US team (or any team
for that matter) I would definitely find it difficult to manage attending 2
week long contests and having to do so might very well practically
eliminate me from trying out.

Brent Rogers
Toronto, Canada
IAC # 24428